The NJMMA Awards Luncheon was held as part of the 2022 New Jersey State League of Municipalities (NJLOM) Conference in Atlantic City on November 16, 2022. A long list of NJMMA members and friends were recognized for their impressive commitment to their communities, service to the professional management field, service to municipal government, and service to their fellow members throughout yet another year unlike any other in recent history.
Recognized this year were:
- Richard Sheola, Administrator/QPA, Township of Readington/Adjunct Professor, received the Thomas J. Davy Academic Achievement Award, which recognizes outstanding public administration educators, whether in or out of local government.
- Dennis Levinson, Atlantic County Executive & Atlantic County Board of Commissioners, received the Elected Officials Award for his support of professional government management within Atlantic County.
- Bailey Barnett, Assistant Administrator, Township of Maplewood, received the New Professional to Local Government Award. The award is given to a NJMMA member who has no more than five years in the profession and has demonstrated a commitment to excellence in local government service.
- Matthew von der Hayden, Administrator, Township of Stafford, was recognized with the Outstanding Manager Award, given to an Administrator/Manager who has successfully implemented a specific exemplary project or program, and/or such a body of work within the last three years.
- Lori Buckelew, Deputy Executive Director, NJ League of Municipalities, received the Distinguished Service Award, for her longtime commitment to local and state government service.
- Anthony Ferrera, Administrator, Township of Hillsborough, was recognized with the Career Development Award, which acknowledges individuals who make significant contributions to local government management and administration.
Congratulations to all of this year’s honorees!